[Infographic] The Birth of Social Commerce
Did you notice that recent social media news goes along the lines of “Facebook launches friend-to-friend payment!” or “Instagram is adding a buy button!” After years of hearing bits of news here and there, perhaps the era of Social Commerce is really happening this coming 2016!
Here’s the full infographic on some key numbers and highlights to get you started! For the text version, scroll down to the very bottom of the page.
The Birth of Social Commerce:
– Facebook accounts for 50% of total social referrals.
– Pinterest drives 16% of social revenue despite having an audience of 6.5 times smaller than Twitter
– Twitter is losing its influence for mass-market merchants. But may still work for location-based promotions.
– Social media increased its share of e-commerce referrals nearly 200% between the first quarter of 2014 and 2015.
– Revenue from mobile commerce is expected to rise to #31 billion by end of 2015.
– 33% of orders came from a mobile device rather than a computer
– In only 2 years, mobile’s contribution to total sales has skyrocketed by 175%.
– In 2014, ecommerce orders coming from social media grew a staggering 202%.
– Mobile now accounts for 50.3% of all e-commerce traffic.
– 71% of consumers change their perception of brand after seeing a positive response to a review on social media.
– Facebook has $92.27 average order value with a 60% referral rate.
– Twitter has $58.02 average order value with a 14% referral rate.
– Pinterest has $383 average order value with a 15% referral rate.
– 74% of consumers use social networks to make a purchasing decision.