Digital Marketing: Emerging Trends
Doing business has drastically changed these past few years. It is no longer about making sure you have an online presence for your business; that is a given. Try doing a mental list of your competitors; do they have some sort of website running? More than likely the answer is yes.
Having a website for your business is not an option anymore but a must. It’s because the world has turned digital, and your market and consumers along with it. So if simply having a website no longer makes the cut what does? Running banners? Adwords? Doing SEO? Why yes, of course, but there’s more to it now.
Online business success is now all about staying up-to-date with digital trends; especially keeping an eye out for emerging trends and to quickly adapt your business accordingly. Now, if you haven’t had the time to look into what’s new and coming your way, we have. So what should you look out for this year onwards? None other than: Mobile, Social Media and Content Marketing. Why? Here’s why:
– Global smartphone users will reach 2 billion by 2015.
– Across all industries, mobile internet traffic is increasing at a rate of 3.5% per month.
– Tablet users access search 73.9% of the time. More than any other devices.
– Mobile share of internet traffic increased by 25% this year.
– Out of 4 billion mobiles in use, 1.08 billion are smartphones.
– Mobile web traffic share has increased from 5.42% in Q1 2012 to 10.44% in Q1 2013.
– Tablet web traffic share has increased from 5.93% in Q1 @012 to 10.58% in Q1 2013.
– The fastest growing Facebook and Google Plus demographics are users between 55 to 64 years old (56% in Google Plus and 46% in Facebook).
– Other social media networks such as LinkedIn has over 200 million users.
– Every 2 seconds, a new member joins LinkedIn.
– Pinterest has over 50 million users.
– 40 million photos are uploaded to Instagram daily.
– In Q1 2013, Facebook sees 665 million active users daily.
– 80% of users prefer to connect with brands on Facebook.
– 23% of Facebook users check their account at least 5 times every day.
– Twitter sees a 44% growth rate form 2012 – 2013.
– There are over 288 million active twitter users daily.
– YouTube has over 6 billion hours of video watched per month.
– There are over 1 billion unique monthly visitors to YouTube.
– Google Plus has over 359 million monthly active users.
– 33% of active users have grown between 2012 – 2013 on Google Plus.
Content Marketing Trends:
– Content is the top reason why people follow social media.
– 68% of consumers spend time reading content from brands they’re interested in.
– 37% of marketers claim blogging is the most valuable type of content marketing.
– Companies with over 10,000 employees use 18 different content marketing tactics.
– Articles with images get 94% more views.
– 62% of marketers blog or plan to blog in 2013.
– Blogs give websites 434% more indexed pages and 97% more indexed links.
– B2B companies that blog generates 97% more leads per month.
– 91% of B2B marketers use content marketing.
– 86% of B2C marketers use content marketing.
– 62% of companies outsource content marketing